I started with two vases I already had at home. They ended up being too big. The little glass marbles were just in a thin layer at the bottom, which totally defeated the purpose of the project. I need a good visual of what I am trying to accomplish. I flat layer of marbles would not work. I went to the kitchen and found two mason jars. They were also too big. I was honestly really surprised. I know that I have quite a ways to go, but those little marbles don't take up much room!
I began looking around when I was out and about. I was trying see what types of inexpensive glass containers were out there. I did not want to spend much on my little pinterest project, because I did not even know if I would like it.
These little 7.5 inch Libby brand bud vases are found at Walmart. They were in the craft section at ours. Not only are they a great size, they're also really cute! The tall, skinny shape of them causes the marbles to pile up quicker. Another great perk is that they cost less than $2 each!
I tried writing the labels on the vases with a paint pen. It worked, but I was still not really pleased with the outcome. So I decided to take them over to The Dandy Lion. She put come cute vinyl lettering on them (thanks, Julie!). Perfect!
Then I brought them home and added my marbles. My long-term goal is to lose thirty-three pounds by the time I graduate. This is almost two years from now, and VERY attainable. I refuse to stress myself out by setting some crazy goal for myself!
The best part of this entire project was this morning, when I got up and hopped on the scales. I went straight to my little containers, plucked out four marbles, and dropped them into the one that says "Pounds Lost"!
|The "Pounds to Lose" vase (on the left) started with 33 little marbles. |
I will move them over to the "Pounds Lost" vase as I lose each one.
|Here are my first four pounds!|
|Here is the completed project.|
I am very pleased!