August 23, 2011

Considering Weight Watchers... again.

So, I am seriously considering going back to Weight Watchers.  It will not be the first time I have done it.  This works for me!  It is so realistic and teaches healthy habits that my entire family can benefit from.
I first tried Weight Watchers in 2004.  Our first child was two years old.  I lost quite a bit of weight.  Yes, I have been on a roller coaster my entire life.  I will say that I have not ever gotten back up to the point I was when I first joined in 2004.  Even full term pregnant with my second child I did not weigh what I did in 2004.
I have a couple of obstacles that I am needing some help with:

  • I have heard that the meetings I used to attend no longer exist.  This is a problem because we live in a small town and there is only one other place to go.  Everyone I have talked to about the place that is still running says negative things about it.  
  • I do not have a fancy phone that I can use to keep up with all the points values.  With the new system, I will have my points recalculated and so I will no longer have so many things memorized from the old system.  I still have lots of my old materials, but I really want to JOIN and GO for the accountability.  Everyone that I know that has used the new system is very pleased with it, but they also talk about the convenience of having it on their phone.  It is just not as easy if you have to constantly be looking everything up.
Do you have any suggestions for me?  Do any of my local friends know of a good Weight Watchers or weight loss accountability group?  I actually went to a group in a surrounding town before.  That is the one that no longer exists.  I do not want to drive any further than about ten minutes to get there though.  That would just get to be too much and I have a feeling it would not last long.  I CANNOT GIVE UP!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment