October 2, 2010

12 Week Challenge...

There are only three secrets to a successful diet:
Less food, more God, more exercise.

I need to focus on not one, but ALL of these.  For the last several months I've made excuse after excuse.  It's time to make some changes.  I'm tired of not being comfortable in my own skin. 

My biggest fear right now is that my fall/winter clothes won't fit.  I lost so much weight last summer and so I had to get smaller clothes.

I refuse to go on some crazy weight loss program.  It's not worth the money OR the stress on myself and my body.  There's nothing healthy about setting some crazy goal like losing twenty pounds in a month.  I read that most people (95%) that do stuff like that gain it all back and then some.  I DO NOT want to be that person!!!!

While I have gained some of my weight back, I do believe that I have kept the majority of it off by losing it slowly.  If you lose weight slowly, you have to work to keep it off while you are in the process of changing your lifestyle.


I would like to lose ONE POUND A WEEK until Christmas...  that's TWELVE POUNDS IN TWELVE WEEKS!


One week ago today I started journaling everything that I'm eating.  It is something that is so simple, yet it makes such a huge difference!  I'm amazed at how knowing I'm writing something down for myself at the end of the day causes me to change my mind about eating something.  It's not like anyone is going to know... except me.  I'm not going to post everything on here everyday.  I honestly don't have the time and if I do, I need to be doing something else.

Which brings me to another conviction I've had lately... Facebook.  I'm spending WAY too much time on Facebook.  This past week I have also been including the amount of time I'm on Facebook in my journal.  I need to keep track of it! 

If I have that much extra time, I need to spend it doing something worthwhile.  Time in the Word, time in prayer, time with my kids, time doing something healthy (exercise), and time studying/doing homework.

I welcome any comments or suggestions.  I really need quick reads, or relevant scripture that I can check out when I'm struggling.  Most of all I need your PRAYERS!!! 

Would anyone like to join me on my twelve week challenge??? 

2 comments:

Natalie

I'll be praying for you! I'm gearing myself up for another good push--I've reached part of my goals, so I'm reevaluating and trying to get serious! My goal this week is to MOVE MORE...whatever the case...playing or walking with graham, squeezing in a work out, whatever I can do. I have 2 bags of fall/winter clothes (my favorites!) that I'm SO close to being able to wear. You are SO motivating to me! :) Love you!!

carriedavis81

This is my first time reading your blog..I like this idea :) I'd like to join the challenge! I've gained quite a bit of weight in the last couple of years and am ready to get fit again. Thanks for sharing!
~Carrie

Post a Comment