November 18, 2010

Simple... right?

Yesterday I was driving and thinking.  I cannot remember a time when I wasn't self-conscious.  My entire life has been a struggle with FOOD... and the way I look.

When I was little I was too skinny.  There is actually a picture of me somewhere and I'm so skinny you can see my ribs through my busily printed Strawberry Shortcake swimsuit.  I wasn't thin, I was skinny.  My parents did what most would do, and let me eat milkshakes, and cherries straight out of the jar just before bedtime.  Basically, they let me have whatever just to get me to gain some weight.  I consequently HATE cherries and am also not really a fan of milkshakes now.

Then second grade happened.

I'm not exactly sure why my body decided it was time to change, but it definitely did!  My first memory of seeing my stomach was in dance class.  I was holding the bar during the warm up and looked down and saw my belly poking out under my navy leotard.  I remember thinking "I've never seen my stomach before, cool!".
Hmm... not so much!  If only I had known the amount of grief this stomach of mine would give me.

My question is WHY have I allowed my life to be so consumed by something that is so black and white???  I mean, REALLY?!?
It should be pretty simple.  Eat less, exercise more.  But it's not simple.

I LOVE FOOD.  
I HATE EXERCISE.  

Houston, we have a problem!  I will definitely elaborate on this in the days to come...

0 comments:

Post a Comment