July 31, 2011

Hip Hip Hooray!

Every time I say that I think of sweet Mr. Payne.  He was my principal at Sequoyah Elementary School.  He would always pump his fist into the air and say "Hip Hip!" and we would respond with a big "Hooray!"  What a sweet, precious man he was.  :)

The reason I am excited is because yesterday I walked/jogged FOUR miles!!!  Then I got brave and tried on that stinkin' dress.  Guess what?  It fits!  AND it looks better than I remembered it looking in the store.  Hip hip HOORAY!!!

I am so happy about this, but know I still have a LONG way to go.  I will not give up!  Soaring Wings Half Marathon is not even three full months away.  Valley Fest 5K is in less than one month.  I realized yesterday that I am already doing a 5K.  I am not running it all, but I AM doing it.  This is more than I have been able to say before.

I may have mentioned this before, but the best part of running at 5 am (which is getting MUCH easier by the way!) is that I have quiet time when it is still really quiet in my house.  It is WONDERFUL!  Having this time alone with my awesome God is so wonderful.  I love doing this right after running because it helps me keep focus on the fact that I am not in this alone.  I want to be healthy.  I want to be a better person.  I want to do this not for me, but for HIM!!!

I am so technologically challenged, but I am going to attempt to post a video of my new favorite song.  It is so simple, yet so true!  HE deserves everything from me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment