July 31, 2011

Magic Shirt Confession

This is a post that I started last week and forgot to publish...

I definitely have NOT been doing too well in the eating department lately.  You can always tell when I am not making healthy decisions because I do not blog for an extended period of time.  Yep, I just told on myself!
As far as the numbers go, I cannot tell you anything.  I have stuck with my commitment to not weigh myself until my birthday.  This is both good and bad.  I did good at first.  After a week or so I realized I was not going to see that dreaded number for a WHILE.  YIPPEEEE!  What a great reason to eat all the junk I want?!?  Nice.  Well, that did not work out the way I thought it would.  
I realized that I had a problem when I began noticing my clothing fitting differently.  Determined to stay off the scales, I made a mental note to eat healthier.  And that is what I did... I made a mental note.  What is it with me and procrastinating?  Ugh!  Then the dress came in....
Holley and I in Times Square

My sister friend is getting married in September and I have the privilege of standing beside Holley as her matron of honor.  Our dresses were ordered and I was waiting on it to arrive.  When I got the text saying it had arrived I twinged a bit.  What if it does not fit?  I have yet to try that dress on.  It is hanging in my office/closet so I see it often.  I see the dress and think "You need to try that thing on... I'll do it later."  AGAIN with the procrastinating!  I WILL try that dress on THIS WEEK.
I needed a new shirt so I went to TJ Maxx and got the only one that fit my crazy shaped, growing body.  It probably would not have been what I would have chosen, but I needed something in a pinch and I did not want to spend a fortune on a shirt.  Well, I guess the shirt is magic because not one... not two... but THREE people commented on the fact that I look like I am losing weight.  HA!  I fooled them!  It did motivate me though.  This new magic shirt is now my favorite thing in the closet!
While I have not been eating as well, I HAVE still been exercising.  I walked/ran 2.65 miles with two sweet friends just this morning.  Training for Soaring Wings Half Marathon is underway!

0 comments:

Post a Comment