January 5, 2013

Just Call Me Martha

I have never even halfway pretended to be the Martha Stewart type... unless you count the one time I did something funny for a bachelorette party that I saw on a Halloween special (NO, I will not elaborate).  Seriously though, I am out of control when it comes to homemaking or completing any sort of craft/project.  Ask any of my close friends or family and they would definitely agree.  I could not stay on task if my life depended on it.  

This is not a new development.  I have struggled with Attention Deficit Disorder since childhood.  I was always THAT kid whose teacher said needed to be medicated.  One of my best friends jokes about the fact that she and another close friend actually had to help me keep my desk clean in 5th grade so that I did not have to miss recess.  This is is same friend who helped me clean my room on multiple occasions so that I could go outside and play.  After my parents and I tried everything possible to help the situation on our own, I was formally diagnosed and started taking medication at fourteen years old.

Why am I telling you this?  Well, today I did something VERY domestic and I am so happy about it that I felt it was blog worthy. I am so proud of completing this project that I may even create my own pin and pin it.  :)

Our little family is about to get back into the swing of things with school and work.  The hubs has been off work for two weeks and the kids and I have all been on Christmas break.  It has been fantastic!  
Celebrating Christmas With Our Family

Our time together over the last two weeks has been precious. 

Christmas Eve Candlelight Service

The kids loved Christmas morning.


We even got a white Christmas!  
C in the snow.  Yes, the dog is wearing a hoodie.  It's COLD!

It has truly been wonderful and we have made some super fun memories.

This morning when I got up, I decided to make breakfast to put in the freezer for busy work/school mornings.  After going through Financial Peace University last fall, I am trying to do everything I can do to help out with spending frivolously.  We are SO bad about eating out and I know that if the hubs does not have something to take to work with him, he will end up buying an overpriced breakfast at work.

I started cooking.  I spent a total of about four hours in the kitchen.  If there was anything in our fridge or freezer that could be cooked and frozen for later, I did it.  This included meat to be used at a later date for dinners.  I put everything in ziplock bags and labeled it with cooking instructions and contents of each bag, and they are now in the freezer.  
This is what 52 individually packaged breakfasts look like!


I also made the little oatmeal packets I found on pinterest a few days ago.  I changed mine up a bit and added some different ingredients.

Do you pin?  In other words, are you on pinterest?  I am!  Sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it.  There are days that I pin lots of things that I plan to do (but never actually will), but then I can also go months without even logging in to my pinterest account.  It is a really fun website that can also be a very useful tool if you have a project or idea you have considered tackling.Score for a completed pinterest project AND a project of my own!

It was a LOT of time, but I know once school starts I will be SO glad I did this.  


2 comments:

Anonymous

Beth your AMAZING!

Natalie

I pinned it! :-)
I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest...it's the same as any social media, you have to use it as a tool for fun and interaction, but not let it discourage you! My sister-in-law said it is as bad as looking at a beauty magazine sometimes--seeing everyone's "airbrushed" perfection can make you feel terrible about your own self and abilities. Personally, I have to keep it fun and learning and not fall into the comparison trap. I love you post--great job writing and sharing!! -natalie

Post a Comment