January 30, 2010

164!  I'm only 1.5 lbs away from my pre-holiday weight! :)

My first short term goal is to lose 6 pounds by March 24. I set that when I was at 166, so I'm only 4 pounds away!  That is 1.5 lbs less than my pre-holiday weight.

My overall goal is to be 145 by my 30th birthday, August 31st. I know that I have to be realistic and choose a goal is easily attainable.  I NEED to take my time getting there.  That's why I set my date that far away.  If I don't take my time, I'll just gain it back.

I've got to focus on what I need to BE and not what I want to eat!  That's tough for me.  I tend to be a bored eater.  I eat when I'm bored.  I eat when I'm sitting.  That includes when I'm sitting in the house OR the car.  I have thought about making a rule for myself.  No food in the car.  At least no open food in the car.  That way I won't eat in the car. 

I also always need to keep a bottle of water with me.  If I'm thinking I need to eat, I should drink water instead.  That's one of my biggest issues.  I don't drink enough water.

Earlier this week, I was going through a box and found a food journal that i started in september of 1999.  It was funny to read it!  That was right after we were engaged. :)

Anyway, finding that motivated me to start it again. Journaling works! 
Instead of journaling on here, I'll probably just keep it in there.  That way I'm not doing it twice.  I will keep this blog updated with my current weight and other activity.

I know that God WILL help me focus on my ultimate goal, but also help me to take things one day at a time.  I need to do this in order for it to not be too overwhelming...  

"Give us this day our DAILY bread"!!!! -Luke 11:3

I know that I can do all things with HIS help!  "My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." -Psalm 121:2

0 comments:

Post a Comment