January 2, 2010

Day one of 2010

I know it's actually day TWO of 2010, but for me it's day one!

1/2/10

I woke up to arguing children... ahh the joys of parenthood.  Everytime I get frustrated I remind myself that we are all HEALTHY and that I should be thankful that they are able to argue. 

I am going to begin journaling again today.  It's not a choice, but something I HAVE to do in order to stay healthy.  I am much less likely to put that piece of chocolate into my mouth if I know I'm going to be putting in on here.  There will be NO CHEATING!!!  It's pointless if I'm not totally honest with myself.

I have started the day off with a glass of OJ and a bowl of oatmeal.  I want to be sure I get all my dairy, fruits and veggies.  That's something I learned w/WW.  I made my oatmeal with fat free milk and also put a hand full of craisins in it.

I took Camryn to see a movie today.  It was SO fun going on a "girl date" as she likes to call Mommy/Daughter dates.  So for lunch I had popcorn, diet coke, and 10 Jr Mints.

For dinner I had approx 1 cup of baked spaghetti made w/turkey and spinach noodles, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, and one piece of garlic bread.

It wasn't great, but it's still MUCH better than I've done the last few weeks... or months.

Somehow I made it through two vacations AND the holidays and only gained a few pounds.  My clothes still fit!  When I weighed this morning, the scales said 166.0.  I'm pleased with that. 

My first short-term goal for the year is to be at 164 by next Saturday.  I think that's very realistic.  That's two pounds in a week.  We'll see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment