December 3, 2010

And then there was cake...

My wonderful father-in-law had a birthday this week.  To celebrate his turning 65, we had a little get together in our home.  It was a great time with family honoring a very special man!
The kids and I decided to bake him a cake.  It was SO much fun!  Everyone deserves a birthday cake, right?!?  An added plus was the fun I had with the kids while making the cake and cookies for Grand-Dad.

After the celebration there was some leftover cake.  I tried to send it home with our guests, but we were still left with quite a bit here at our house.  Now is the part where I admit that I am the one who consumed the majority of the leftover cake... big surprise, huh?

Here's the good part:
Today, as I was washing some dishes, I looked over and saw the remainder of the birthday cake.  I felt disgusted at the sight of it.  What a StRaNgE feeling for me to experience!  
I didn't feel guilty.  I felt disgusted.  It was like I just felt that it was something that was so unnecessary to keep.  It was bad.  That cake was UNHEALTHY and I knew I didn't want any more of it!  I immediately picked it up and dumped the entire thing into the running water in the sink.  

Aaaahhhh...
 Can we say "FREEDOM"?!?!?!?!?  It felt so wonderful to rid my kitchen, my home, mySELF of that stinkin' cake!  


Don't get me wrong the cake tasted amazing.  I will actually probably make it again sometime.  I just know that I did what needed to be done with the leftovers and said "NO" to keeping the remainder of my most recent late night sugar fix around.  :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment