December 13, 2010

I Am Resolved...

I know it's just the beginning of December, but it's not too soon to be thinking about my resolutions.  This year I WILL KEEP THEM... right?
Really though, I would like to!  I always make resolutions and fully intend to stick to them.  Isn't that the point?
This year, I am going to try and get creative.  I want to do some things a little differently.  I NEED to do many things a little differently.  All I have to say is BABY STEPS!!!
My plan is to come up with THREE GOALS for me to reach in 2011.  I'm going to call them goals this time.  Trying to reach a goal doesn't sound nearly as impossible as keeping a resolution!  I know I should probably set more than three, but I actually want to reach them.  If I set too many, I will give up in no time flat.
I am really good at setting goals for myself.  The problem I have is staying motivated long enough to reach them. I'm considering coming up with a few smaller goals to help me reach the bigger goals.  Weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.  I will set my THREE GOALS for 2011 within the next week or so.  Then before the year begins I will attempt to come up with THREE GOALS for the month of January.
If the monthly goals don't seem to motivate me enough, I will then come up with weekly goals for myself.  Whatever it takes to get back on track.  I CAN do this!
I know that I have to be realistic and not do anything crazy.  I know that baby steps will help me to not get quite so overwhelmed with the big picture.  Focusing on right now and not the big picture is so much easier for my super ADD self!  Yes, I have Attention Deficit Disorder.  Anyone that personally knows me and has spent any real amount of time with me knows this.  I was diagnosed as a child.
I was the kid whose teacher always said "She needs to be medicated." and I am SO thankful that my parents didn't listen to them right off.  I learned LOTS about life and how to somewhat manage mine without being medicated.  There did come a point where it was necessary and I remain on meds as an adult.
It's not something I like to advertise (although I just did by typing this on a blog), or something I am proud of.  It is just something that helps me maintain a normal, healthy, life.  There have been short periods when I thought I didn't need medication so I quit taking mine.  Looking back, it is obvious that my entire family suffered because of it!
Okay, FOCUS!
Within the next few days I am really going to think and PRAY about what THREE GOALS I need to reach in 2011.  They may not all three be related to my physical body.  I know that at least one or two will be.  I am trying to also seriously consider spiritual changes that I need to make and what goal or goals I could set to help me make those changes.
Please pray with me the next few days as I try to figure out what it is that I need to do with/for myself in 2011.
I'm praying for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment