July 18, 2012

Update

Well, I am halfway into week two of half marathon training.  I would say it is going well!  I am trying really hard to stick with it and do the runs during the week.  Last year I did not and I think that was part of my problem with not wanting to stick with the training program.  I cannot do this halfway.  It is all or nothing.
Have I mentioned IT IS HOT??!!!  But... I know it will be so worth it in October.  I have to keep my mind on the end result and not just right here and now.  I am planning on going this evening and I am already feeling unmotivated.  I know I HAVE to go.  It is not an option.  I was supposed to do two miles on Monday and three yesterday.  I actually did about two and a half on Monday (because of the trail we chose) and had to miss yesterday because Mike had two ballgames.  Tonight is not an option.  I will go tonight and do another two and a half to make up for what I missed.
I will be nasty, hot, sweaty, and most likely miserable, but I WILL go and I WILL FINISH.  This is one more decision that will get me closer to my goal.  This WILL happen!

"He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless."   -Isaiah 40:29

0 comments:

Post a Comment