May 26, 2011

Bye-Bye Sparkly Nails

Well a few weeks ago I splurged and got myself some sparkly pink nails.  They have been so fun!  I have not had acrylics in YEARS.  I love to have my nails done because my natural nails are HORRIBLE.  No matter what I do, I cannot grow them out.  They are thin and brittle.  I have my cosmetology license, so I have tried pretty much every professional product on the market.  Nothing works.  I was going to keep them up and get them filled and all that jazz BUT I decided instead to soak them off (not peel them!) and save my money for a new pair of running shoes!
This is my first goal and reward.  I have to run for however long it takes me to lose the remainder of the twelve pounds I had first decided to lose, then get the new shoes.  
I have already lost seven pounds so I need to lose five more.  This is a VERY attainable goal!  I wanted to lose twelve before we go to Florida in June.  I still have about three weeks.  If I lose the twelve before we go, then I get to take my new shoes and run in the awesome, tropical Florida sunshine.  What a great reward!

Today was only our second day to run.  The C25K thing is great!  I also think that having a great running partner helps!  It is so much more motivating to know I am not doing this alone.  Thanks, Lacey!

So my first long term goal I think will be to run the Valley Fest 5K.  I then would like to do the Soaring Wings Half Marathon.  Do you have any other suggestions???

What about shoes?  What are your favorites?  There are so many out there.  I would love to hear your personal opinions and experiences with specific brands.

Well, I need to go soak off the sparkly nails.  I am sure they will soon be replaced with some fun sparkly polish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment