May 21, 2011

I Have a Running Partner!

So, my sweet friend, Miss Wacey (Lacey), sent me a text last week.  Apparently she heard from someone else that I am wanting to run.  My goal is to do the Soaring Wings Half in the fall.  This would be HUGE for me.  I have never even done a 5K.  I know that with HIM all things are possible... even this!


Now I know that this scripture is not at all about me running a race, but I am going to focus on this during the next few weeks.  It will not only help me keep my focus on what I am working toward, but also WHY I am here on this earth.  




"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  -Philippians 3:14



So now I need some help.  I am NOT a runner.  Do you have any tips for me.  What do I wear?  What do I eat?  What about shoes?  Do any of you local runners have a good running spot you would like to recommend?  What about good music for my ipod?  Any advice is welcomed!

1 comments:

Kris

You are awesome!!! I ran my first 5k a few weeks ago after doing the Women Can Run clinic. (I use the term "run" loosely. Haha!) It was a very cool experience, and it is one that I learned a lot from. I definitely want to continue to push myself to get better. I'm still a beginner myself, but I do have a couple of tips for you.
1) Go get fitted for a good pair of running shoes. I highly suggest the Sporty Runner in Conway. They observed me walking and running, and then they put me in a pair of shoes that were best suited for me. (Brooks...if you're wondering. I heart them a lot!)
2) Don't skip the stretching before and after your run. You will prevent a lot of injuries.

You are going to do great!

Post a Comment