May 24, 2011

Yummy Snack!

Today is the day!  Day one of running.  My friend and I begin tonight.  She downloaded the Couch to 5K app on her phone to help us along.  Hopefully the rain will hold off and we will not have to postpone.  I have faith!

For the past few days, this quote keeps running through my head.  "Don't worry, everything is going to be amazing."  I know that it is true!  I am so happy right now.  Happy AND motivated.  Not being in school the past couple of weeks has been so nice.  I'm enjoying my time at home with my family.  My stress level is super low, which is totally out of the ordinary for me.  It's AMAZING!!!  Not being in school is also giving me more time to cook.  This allows me to make healthy meals for myself and my family.  It is nice!

So... I totally just passed up the Oreos and milk for key lime Fiber One yogurt and cinnamon graham crackers.

SCORE!
  
I will have to admit that this is tough.  I want those Oreos so bad, but I know they are NOT worth it!!!

For breakfast today I had an oats and peanut butter Fiber One bar and black coffee.
Lunch was a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with reduced fat cheese and grapes, and iced tea.
I was hungry when I got home so I grabbed a handful of low sodium Pringles (which are pretty good!).
When I realized I was going to keep snacking on junk, I headed for the Oreos.  I opened the fridge to get out the milk and saw the yogurt on the bottom shelf.  Then I remembered the graham crackers.  I immediately changed my mind and headed back to the pantry to get the healthier snack.  As I was putting the Oreos away I began to recite a very familiar scripture:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  -Phillipians 4:13

One thing I have discovered in the last few days is that I HAVE to snack more during the day.  I am hungry.  I need to stop and take the time to grab even just a handful of grapes to get me through to my meal.   Do you have any suggestions of healthy, easy snacks?  This is a tough one for me.  What about on the go snack foods?

2 comments:

amber

Greek yogurt...apples...and I have a recipe for On-the-go muffins...I did the Denise Austin book last summer "Tone your Tummy Type" with 30 days worth of meal plans and lost about 15 lbs...that is where the muffin recipe is from...I learned to love them ;)

healthybeth

I want that recipe! could you email it to me?

Post a Comment