November 9, 2011

I Don't Think, I KNOW I Can!

Some days I feel like the Little Engine That Could.  "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..."  Well, no more thinking!  I KNOW I CAN!  I mentioned before that I want to do something big.  I want to do something REALLY big.

I have done some research.  If there is one thing I know, it is that ideal weight charts are silly.  None of them are the same.  Some say I have a medium build.  Some say I have a large build.  Some say I should weigh around 120 pounds.  Some say I should weigh around 140 pounds.  There are experts who say you should go by weight.  There are others who say you should go by BMI.

According to the charts and calculators my BMI is 32.7.  This is considered obese.  Gross. 

Here are the BMI stats:

BMI Categories:
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater 
 
Looks like I have a long road ahead of me.  If I were to weigh 150, my BMI would still be 27.4.  This is still considered overweight.  140 pounds is a BMI of 25.6... STILL overweight.

In order to reach the normal weight range, I need to weigh a whopping 136 pounds.  Keep in mind this is at the very TOP of the range.  My BMI would still be 24.9, and would not leave me any room to play.  In order to be right in the middle of the Normal weight range, I need to weigh 119 pounds.  WOW.  That is 60 pounds less than what I weigh right now.  WOW.  There are no words for this! 

What do you think I should shoot for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment