November 2, 2011

The Doctor's Scale

Well, I did it.  I broke down and bought a set of scales.  Yuck.  I have not owned a decent set of scales in at least two years.  I bought a set a little over a year ago, but they were really cheap and I knew there was NO WAY they were accurate.  Plus they had the little dial on the bottom, so I could conveniently adjust them to meet my standards.  Admit it, you have done the same thing AT LEAST once in your life.


I have been using the board for the Wii Fit to weigh myself.  I really like doing that because it tracks your weight and even graphs your progress (or lack of) to help you stay motivated.  SEEING what happens makes a difference!  My favorite time to check my weight is first thing in the morning, when I wake up.  Am I the only one who tends to be a few pounds lighter in the mornings?

Our household is usually pretty hectic at that time of day. The problem with using only the Wii is that you have to take the time to turn everything on, take out whatever game Mike or the kids last played and put in the Wii Fit Plus disk, get out the board, blah, blah, blah...  Surely you get the picture.  I basically use all that as an excuse to not weigh myself.  So, I decided it was time to give in and buy a set of scales.



 Really?  "The Doctor's Scale" is what the box says.  I am not even sure I want a "Doctor's Scale".  They always lie and tell me I am like 4 pounds heavier (more like 20) than I know I actually am.  Another thing I find funny is that the name of it is Healthometer.  HEALTHOMETER?!  Could they just be honest and call it a YOU COULD STAND TO LOSE A FEWOMETER?

Notice that the scales are still in the box.  I bought them a few days ago and just cannot bring myself to open them up.  Ugh... DREAD.  I have to admit that I have NOT done too hot the past few weeks.  Life is cRaZy bUsY and I have used this as an excuse to live a very unhealthy life.

Here are a few more pics of my new Healthometer.  I opened it!  
Is it not just lovely?

I love how it says 135.2 in the display, and below that says "up to 350 lbs.".

SEE... "The Doctor's Scale"!

The back of the box.

Are they not just beautiful?

Healthometer   




 I figured if I was going to go to the trouble of opening it up and getting the battery all situated I should just go ahead and get it over with.  

Just to be certain I get an accurate reading, I carry my new purchase into my kitchen where I know the floor is nice and level.  Sitting the scales on the floor, I step on.  GUESS WHAT???




WOO HOO!!!!!

Keep in mind this was done at like 6pm.  I cannot WAIT to see what my new friend says to me in the morning!  Talk about some motivation!  I expected MUCH more.  Like maybe 185???

The only thing I can think of that I have done differently is that I have been eating really good breakfasts.  This has kept me from eating as much during the day.  I have also been drinking LOTS of coffee.  This has been instead of snacking.  I have not done this intentionally, it has just worked out because of the fact that my family has been so busy lately. 

I am a happy girl!  One thing I know, is that I have NOT been doing this on my own.  My AWESOME GOD has gotten me through the past few weeks of craziness.  I am amazed at how calm I have been with all the chaos going on around me.  I will have to say that God IS good ALL the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment