November 15, 2011

When? What?

I think I have come up with my target weight for my BIG goal.  It is BIG... like REALLY BIG.  Actually, I will be REALLY small by the time this is all over with!  I KNOW I can with HIS help, and I AM EXCITED!!!
Before I share my target weight, I would like to get all my specifics nailed down.  I need a date.  Deciding WHEN I want to reach my target weight will determine LOTS of issues.  This includes the method I choose to use to accomplish this goal.
I have mentioned before that I am NOT a fan of crazy fad diets.  This is something I still feel strongly about.  I need to make a total lifestyle change.  This is the most realistic option for me.  I need to do something that I can stick with after I reach my target weight.  I do not just want to lose, I want to MAINTAIN.
When thinking about my method, I have to think about foods that I tend to go overboard with... foods that tend to make me want to just jump totally off the wagon.   What are they?
  • Chocolate
  • Fast Food
  • Candy
  • Bacon
  • Cookie Dough
  • French Fries
  • Bread With Butter and Garlic
  • Popcorn With LOTS of Butter
  • Chips
Hmm...  I see a pattern here.  My list contains mostly carbohydrates and sugar.  What does this say about ME?  What can I do about this?  More importantly, what can I do about this that will keep me from totally eliminating these things from my diet? 
I know I have to slow down and eat more healthy foods.  Maybe I should try fasting a few of these things for a while.  In the book Made to Crave, the author talks about fasting.  Is this something I should try?  WHAT food or foods should I abstain from?  Have YOU ever fasted?  How wonderful would it be to learn to turn to God each time a craving hit?  Is that not the whole purpose in all this?  Do I not need to learn to turn to God in my time of weakness? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment