November 9, 2011

SICK of This

Okay, I am typically a pretty upbeat girl.  I feel that negativity gets us nowhere.  Anytime I post a blog, update a status, text, leave a message, etc., I try to keep it as positive as possible.  Why not?  I am not lying or sugar coating.  I simply try to find good in everything, in spite of the bad.  It makes me feel better, and I truly believe it helps those around me.

The following are some pretty negative thoughts I have been having lately.  I know I should not post them, and I know I may regret this later, but I have GOT to get it out.


I am so sick of being the fat girl in a room full of skinnies.  I am tired of being the fat one in all the pictures.  I have actually untagged myself in pictures so that others might not notice how fat I look.  My clothes are tight.  My body is gross.  Even if I were to lose a ton of weight, I still have this post two c-sections grossness!  My skin (which has always been amazing) is beginning to look older.  I can tell I have definitely hit my peak and am slowly going back down the hill.  Not only do I think I LOOK bad, I FEEL bad.  My legs ache, my back and knees hurt.  I know if I were to lose some major poundage, this would most likely change.  But that would mean I would have to put forth some effort.  UGHHH...

Want to know my positive answer to all of this?  I am going to DO something.  I do not know exactly what yet, but I know it HAS to happen.  Surely my creator and AWESOME GOD did not create me to live a life of fatness and unhealthy living. 

I WILL make changes.  BIG changes.  No more five pound goals.  Well... I will make five pound goals, but I will also set a BIG goal that I WILL reach!  I will use the five pound goals along the way.

Here is the part where I need your help.  I need to set good goals for myself.  Not just physical, but mental, and (most importantly) spiritual goals.  Keep in mind that I am a busy mother of two busy children.  We are on the go lots of the time.  I am also a full time student.  I am about 5'2" tall and (as of this morning) I weigh 178 lbs.  I wear a size 14, or XL.  My goals and rewards need to be inexpensive.

I am totally open to tips or suggestions.  I need BIG ideas!  Feel free to post in a comment or email me at healthybeth@gmail.com. 

Tonight or tomorrow I will try to post some of the ideas I have in mind and some that I get from you.  Here goes!

4 comments:

Jessica

My favorite strategy is BREAKFAST! A breakfast with whole grains and lots of protein is a must. I find that if I leave the house full, I make better choices all day long. I've even started getting up early (not that I have a choice with Emma...) and fixing oatmeal, eggs, and whole grain toast. It makes such a difference. I've always been a cereal and milk kind of girl, but forcing myself to eat a big breakfast every day helps me out all day long.

And you can make your little goals inexpensive, but set aside some money here and there to use on a big reward. If you're going to meet a big goal, you should have a big reward waiting for you!

I don't know if you're motivated by video game type things, but fitocracy.com is a fun idea.

healthybeth

Oh, I have never heard of that. I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the suggestions. One thing I have discovered is that if I do eat a good breakfast I do better the rest of the day. I will have to check out that site!

mom2k

Have you taken your measurements? When I reach a point where I can't seem to loose I want to cheat, but most of the time I do my measurements & it shows me more than the scale! I think the 5% & 10% goals of WW are good. Maybe every time u hit a goal find $20 to put in a bucket or sock drawer...when you get to the point of needing new clothes you can buy yourself something nice!

healthybeth

I do need to do that. It has been a LONG time! Thanks for the suggestion. Now I guess I need to go find the measuring tape!

Post a Comment