April 13, 2012

Confession

Okay, so I have to admit something.  On Wednesday of this week I had a complete and total pity party for myself.  My bad mood pretty much consumed me the entire day, from the moment I woke until the moment I went to bed..  Do you ever have those days?  I just felt stressed and so sorry for myself.  Why?  I have no idea!

Here is what I do know.  On Wednesday, I decided to make a few changes.

  1. Get back to reading a chapter of Proverbs a day.  I had been in a slump and putting it off.  There was no good reason, only excuses of busyness.  To be honest, I just got LAZY, and I truly believe that the reason I felt so awful on Wednesday was a result of me not being in the word.  I already feel more rested than I did on Wednesday.
  2. Begin taking a multi-vitamin.  I have NEVER been good at this.  Taking pills is not hard for me, I have just never liked it.  I have used this an excuse.  It is time for me to take charge of my health and make a little more effort to take care of myself.  If I am not going to eat perfectly the least I can do is take a vitamin!
  3. Drink more water.  This decision was actually made as a result of taking the vitamin, but something I have wanted and NEEDED to do forever.  I have to take it with a full glass of water.  That is one glass a day.  Here is another confession... I NEVER drink water.  Sad, huh?  Since I am adding this glass, I might as well add more.  I would love to totally eliminate soda, but I am not there quite yet.  I have not had one in several days though.  I can go a week or so without it, so it really is not something I would consider to be a problem.  Right now, I am trying to make every other drink a glass or bottle of water.

Want to hear something great?  It is Friday.  My slump was Wednesday.  I already feel MUCH better!!!  Thank you, God, for simple changes that can make an enormous difference!

0 comments:

Post a Comment