March 21, 2011

I Expected Worse

I replaced the batteries in the Wii Fit board and weighed this morning.  I honestly expected it to be in the upper 180's, possibly even in the 190's.  It is no secret that I have not done well for about the last 10-12 months.  I could make lots of excuses for this, but I will not.  
I knew what I was doing every time I made unhealthy choices.  I knew my weight was (once again) spiraling out of control.  My clothes got tight.  I got out the last few pair of "fat pants" that I owned.  You know what I am talking about.  We all have them.  A few months ago, those pants started getting tight.  Hello, tummy...
I have always been one who does best by weighing myself daily.  For about the past year, I have not.  In fact I haven't even owned a functional set of scales.  
Experts say to NOT weigh daily.  It seriously helps me stay on task though.   Seeing the difference in my daily weight will either motivate me to keep up the good work, or to try harder to make better choices that day.  I do not let it depress me if I have gained a pound one day.  I know that weight changes daily in either direction.  If I am up a pound one day, I just try harder to make healthy choices so that the next day my weight will (hopefully) go back down to where it was.  No big deal!
Okay, I'll cut to the chase.  After weighing in this morning my weight was...

181.5

Not as high as expected.  WHEW!  I also got out last summer's capri pants and they still fit!  Of course they are not as loose as they were, but they are on and comfortable.  Yippee!  
I still am focusing on SELF CONTROL for the week.  

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 
          -2 Timothy 1:7

I need to set some short term goals for myself.  Any ideas?  How often do you weigh yourself, and why?  I would love your input!

2 comments:

Amber

I weigh daily to keep myself on track and to stay motivated. I'm not good at long term weight goals, so I've been aiming for 5 at a time.

dillydolly

I weigh myself daily, so that I can make sure that I'm constantly at the same weight, the bad thing about that is if I skip a couple of days I'm paranoid that I put on lots of weight.

Some other things I do to keep myself motivated is I exercise on the elliptical machine or walk on the treadmill at the same time as a tv show I want to watch so the time goes by really fast and I'm doing an activity too and if I don't workout, I don't watch the show. Another thing I do is if my workout is in the morning, I sleep in my exercise clothes so I don't have any excuse in the morning, also I give myself a reward whenever I reach a goal, such as new item of clothing, jewelry, trying a new restaurant, etc. Buying new clothes is especially rewarding, because wearing a smaller size always feel nice.

-Dolly

Post a Comment