March 19, 2011

Spring Break!

It is day one of SPRING BREAK!!!  

Can you tell I am excited?  A couple of my thoughts today...

I have lost the feeling of what it is like to just relax.  This morning it actually felt strange to just sit and not deal with the whirlwind of chaos that visits our home on a typical morning.  It also will be SO nice to not have a crazy schedule to keep up with this next week.  Between work, school, church, piano lessons, dance lessons, and everything else, the Manning's are a BUSY family!  We have a few things planned, but I am intentionally not booking up every single day of our break.  It is TIME to slow down!

SIMPLIFYING our days is a good thing in most ways, but not being on the go also means that I will have more time to munch.  It is definitely going to be a challenge to be healthy this week.  I am really guilty of munching on JUNK.  That is where the majority of this excess weight came from.
I do not eat because I am hungry.  I eat because I am bored or just simply mindlessly eat.  There is a book about that...  MUST stay on top of this, Beth!
I am going to continue to use http://caloriecount.about.com.  Knowing that I am going to have to enter a food at the end of the day makes me think twice before shoving it in my mouth.

I decided to go ahead and weigh myself this morning.  We do not own a set of scales, so I always use the Wii.  There definitely are advantages to this.  The Wii tracks my progress, so I can see how I have done over a long period of time.
Guess what?  When I got all situated and ready, the batteries were low in the Wii Fit board!  I decided to borrow some batteries out of M's remote controlled truck.  Guess what else?  Those batteries were also low!  Is that not just nice?  Luckily we use rechargable batteries, so I put one set on the charger.  All I could do was smile.  I guess I am really supposed to wait until Monday.  That will surely keep me motivated for the next day or so!

How do you keep track of your progress?  Do you have any tips for me?  I sure would love to hear about how you deal with your munchies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment